HB 1301: Charter Schools
GENERAL BILL by Legg
Charter Schools; (THIS BILL COMBINED IN CS/H1259 & H1301) Provides that charter technical career centers are subject to certain requirements in event of financial emergency; provides for development of financial recovery plan; establishes criteria & requirements for charter schools & charter technical career centers that have financial weaknesses or are in state of financial emergency.
Last Action: 3/31/2008 House - Original bill laid on Table, under Rule 7.19, refer to combined CS/CS/HB 1259 (Died in House) -HJ 00367
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 00105
• Referred to Schools & Learning Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00219
• Referred to Education Innovation & Career Preparation (SL) by Schools & Learning Council -HJ 00281
• On Committee agenda-- Education Innovation & Career Preparation (SL), 03/18/08, 9:00 am, 116-K
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Education Innovation & Career Preparation (SL); YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -HJ 00308; Now in Schools & Learning Council -HJ 00308
• PCS on Council agenda-- Schools & Learning Council, 03/25/08, 9:00 am, 212-K
• CS combines this bill with 1259 -HJ 00367; CS by Schools & Learning Council; YEAS 12 NAYS 2 -HJ 00367
• Original bill laid on Table, under Rule 7.19, refer to combined CS/CS/HB 1259 (Died in House) -HJ 00367
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.