CS/CS/SB 1652: Charter Schools/Charter Technical Career Centers [SPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Education Pre-K - 12 ; Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations ; Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn
Charter Schools/Charter Technical Career Centers [SPCC]; Provides that charter technical career centers are subject to certain requirements in the event of a financial emergency. Provides for duties of charter school sponsors and governing boards when charter schools and charter technical career centers experience a financial weakness or a financial emergency. Requires charter schools to disclose the identity of relatives of charter school personnel, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2008 House - In returning messages; Died in returning Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• SPB 7040 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1652) by Education Pre-K - 12; Filed
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/05/08, 2:00 pm, 110-S
• Introduced, referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 00101; On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/05/08, 2:00 pm, 110-S
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00169; CS read 1st time on 03/11/08 -SJ 00188
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Now in Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 00169
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations, 03/13/08, 1:00 pm, 412-K --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations, 03/20/08, 8:30 am, 412-K
• CS/CS by- Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00346; CS read 1st time on 03/26/08 -SJ 00352
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00346
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00342
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00366; CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00366
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00704
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 1259 -HJ 00843; Read 2nd time -HJ 00843; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00843
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 01042
• Read 3rd time -HJ 01223; CS passed as amended; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 01223
• In returning messages
• Refused to concur, requested House to recede -SJ 01632, -SJ 01641
• In returning messages; Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.