CS/CS/HB 1259: Education
GENERAL BILL by Policy & Budget Council ; Schools & Learning Council ; Flores ; Legg
Education; (THIS BILL COMBINES CS/H1259 & H1301) Increases time period during which certain instructional personnel may participate in DROP; revises provisions & duties relating to charter schools, charter school applicants, sponsors, & governing boards, Florida Schools of Excellence Commission, & charter technical career centers; establishes criteria & requirements for charter schools & charter technical career centers, etc.
Last Action: 4/24/2008 House - Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted CS/CS/SB 1652 (Died in House returning Messages); Laid on Table -HJ 00843
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 00102
• Referred to Schools & Learning Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00219
• PCS on Council agenda-- Schools & Learning Council, 03/25/08, 9:00 am, 212-K
• CS combines this bill with 1301 -HJ 00367; CS by Schools & Learning Council; YEAS 12 NAYS 2 -HJ 00367
• CS read 1st time on 03/31/08 -HJ 00365; CS filed
• Now in Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00399
• On Council agenda-- Policy & Budget Council, 04/14/08, 3:15 pm, 212-K --Not considered
• On Council agenda-- Policy & Budget Council, 04/15/08, 9:00 am, 212-K
• CS/CS by- Policy & Budget Council; YEAS 21 NAYS 11 -HJ 00683
• CS read 1st time on 04/18/08 -HJ 00677; CS filed
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00692
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted CS/CS/SB 1652 (Died in House returning Messages); Laid on Table -HJ 00843
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.