CS/CS/SB 2082: Insurance [EPCC]
GENERAL BILL by General Government Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Bennett ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Atwater
Insurance [EPCC]; Requires that an applicant for licensure as an insurance agent, customer representative, adjuster, service representative, managing general agent, or reinsurance intermediary provide to the Department of Financial Services his or her contact and business telephone numbers and e-mail address. Revises the elements of the offense known as "churning" to include direct or indirect purchases made for the purpose of earning fees or commissions, etc.
Last Action: 6/30/2008 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-237
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Banking and Insurance; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00163; On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/11/08, 9:00 am, 412-K --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/18/08, 9:15 am, 412-K
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00288; CS read 1st time on 03/20/08 -SJ 00326
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2)
• Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00288
• On Committee agenda-- General Government Appropriations, 03/27/08, 4:00 pm, 401-S
• CS/CS by- General Government Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00392; CS read 1st time on 04/02/08 -SJ 00404
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00392
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00384; Amendment(s) adopted (872954, 833278, 660516, 487244, 416612) -SJ 00385; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00385
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00420; CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00420
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00976
• Requested House to return -SJ 00939
• Returned -HJ 01457
• In returning messages
• Reconsidered -SJ 01626; Amendment(s) adopted (593426, 553694) -SJ 01630; CS passed as amended (593426, 553694); YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 01630
• In returning messages; Concurred -HJ 01892; CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 01896; Reconsidered -HJ 01896; Read 2nd time -HJ 01896; Read 3rd time -HJ 01896; Concurred -HJ 01896; CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 01896
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01719
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-237
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.