CS/CS/SB 2534: Health Insurance [EPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Peaden ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz
Health Insurance [EPCC]; Creates the Cover Florida Health Care Access Program. Specifies that coverage provided through said program is considered health insurance coverage for the purposes of determining eligibility for the state retiree health insurance subsidy. Establishes the Florida Health Choices Program. Revises the eligibility requirements for participation in the Medikids program or the Fla. Healthy Kids program, etc. APPROPRIATION: $1,500,000.
Last Action: 5/21/2008 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-32; See also HB 461 (Ch. 2008-118)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Banking and Insurance; Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00164
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/18/08, 9:15 am, 412-K
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00289; CS read 1st time on 03/20/08 -SJ 00328
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2)
• Now in Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00289
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Appropriations, 04/02/08, 8:30 am, 110-S
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00426; CS read 1st time on 04/03/08 -SJ 00442
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00426
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00506; Amendment(s) adopted (809004, 685958, 237556, 057880) -SJ 00506; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00508
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00544; Amendment(s) adopted (581166, 486886) -SJ 00544; CS passed as amended (581166, 486886); YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00544
• In Messages; Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00578; Substituted for CS/HB 7081 -HJ 00583; Read 2nd time -HJ 00583; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00583, -HJ 00590
• Read 3rd time -HJ 00661
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 70 NAYS 39 -HJ 00669
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to House amendment(s) adopted -SJ 01268, -SJ 01275; Concurred in House amendment(s) as amended -SJ 01283; CS passed as amended (700952, 364545); YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 01283
• In returning messages; Concurred -HJ 01884; CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 1 -HJ 01891
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 01719
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-32; See also HB 461 (Ch. 2008-118)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.