CS/CS/SB 428: Workforce Innovation [EPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations ; Commerce ; Bennett
Workforce Innovation [EPCC]; Authorizes the designation of a regional workforce board as a one-stop operator and direct provider of certain services by agreement of the chief elected official and the Governor. Requires that Workforce Florida, Inc., establish procedures for a regional workforce board to request permission to operate and the criteria for granting such permission. Provides for the permission to operate not exceed a certain period, etc.
Last Action: 6/17/2008 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-161
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce; Community Affairs; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce, 03/04/08, 2:15 pm, 401-S
• Introduced, referred to Commerce; Community Affairs; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00030; On Committee agenda-- Commerce, 03/04/08, 2:15 pm, 401-S; CS by Commerce; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00162; CS read 1st time on 03/06/08 -SJ 00165
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2)
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 00162
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/19/08, 1:00 pm, 412-K
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00287
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00287
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations, 04/15/08, 2:15 pm, 309-C
• CS/CS by- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00619; CS read 1st time on 04/16/08 -SJ 00620
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00619
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00749
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00792; CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00792
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01186
• Read 2nd time -HJ 01368; Read 3rd time -HJ 01368; CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 01368
• Substituted for CS/HB 959 -HJ 01818
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01260
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-161
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.