HB 5063: Retirement [FPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Government Efficiency & Accountability Council ; Grant
Retirement [FPCC]; Requires that person appointed to faculty position at state university having faculty practice plan participate in optional retirement program of State University System rather than FRS; revises payroll contribution rates for membership classes of FRS for state fiscal years effective July 1, 2008, & July 1, 2009; provides declaration of important state interest, etc.
Last Action: 6/10/2008 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-139
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Filed; Introduced -HJ 00354
• Referred to Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00366
• On Council agenda-- Policy & Budget Council, 04/03/08, 9:00 am, 212-K
• Favorable by- Policy & Budget Council; YEAS 31 NAYS 0 -HJ 00416
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00416
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 00445
• Read 3rd time -HJ 00465; Passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 00465; Immediately certified -HJ 00474; Requests Senate concur or failing to concur appoint conference cmte -HJ 00474
• In Messages; Received, referred to Fiscal Policy and Calendar Committee -SJ 00528
• Withdrawn from Fiscal Policy and Calendar Committee -SJ 00535; Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00589; Amendment(s) adopted (935956) -SJ 00589; Read 3rd time -SJ 00589; Passed as amended (935956); YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00589; Requests House concur or failing to concur appoint conference cmte -SJ 00589; Conference Committee appointed: Senators Carlton, Chair; Atwater, Vice Chair; King, Geller, Webster, At Large; Criminal & Civil Justice: Crist, Chair; Joyner, Dawson, Dean, Villalobos; Education Pre-K-12: Wise, Chair; Siplin, Bullard, Constantine, Dockery, Garcia; Gen Government: Alexander, Chair; Deutch, Lawson, Aronberg, Baker, Bennett, Haridopolos, Jones; Health & Human Services: Peaden, Chair; Rich, Gaetz, Saunders, Wilson, Storms; Higher Ed: Lynn, Chair; Ring, Justice, King, Oelrich; Trans & Economic Dev: Fasano, Chair; Margolis, Diaz de la Portilla, Hill, Webster, Posey -SJ 00617; Immediately certified -SJ 00589
• In returning messages; Conference Committee appointed Sansom, Ambler, Bogdanoff, Bowen, Cretul, Cusack, Flores, Gelber, Hasner, Rivera, Sands, Saunders, Seiler, Simmons, Zapata, Cannon, Hukill, Aubuchon, Bucher, Evers, Fitzgerald, Glorioso, Patterson, Proctor, Reed, Scionti, Weatherford, Mayfield, Troutman, Boyd, Brandenburg, Grimsley, Kendrick, Kreegel, Precourt, Randolph, Sasso, Williams, Attkisson, Grant, Domino, Gardiner, Gibbons, Homan, Lopez-Cantera, Meadows, Schenck, Soto, Thompson, G., Bean, Gibson, H.,Ausley, Galvano, Garcia, R., Harrell, Hays, Hudson, Patronis, Roberson, Skidmore, Waldman, Reagan, Poppell, Brise, Carroll, Chestnut, Dorworth, Long, Murzin, Richardson, Richter, Robaina, -HJ 00540; Schultz, Kravitz, Ross, Adams, Gibson, A., Kelly, Llorente, Needelman, Planas, Sachs, Taylor, Thompson, N., Thurston, Pickens, Traviesa, Altman, Bendross-Mindingall, Coley, Culp, Kiar, Kriseman, Legg, McBurney, McKeel, Vana, Machek -HJ 00540
• Conference Committee Report considered -HJ 01454; Conference Committee Report adopted -HJ 01455; Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 01457
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee Report received -SJ 01513; Conference Committee Report adopted -SJ 01515; Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report (011303); YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 01515
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 01943
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-139
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.