CS/CS/SB 2848: Florida Retirement System [RPCC]
GENERAL BILL by General Government Appropriations ; Governmental Operations ; Lawson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz ; Storms ; Wilson
Florida Retirement System [RPCC]; Requires promotional materials that refer to the Florida Retirement System to include a disclaimer unless approval is obtained from the Department of Management Services. Requires that a person appointed to a faculty position at a state university having a faculty practice plan participate in the optional retirement program of the State University System rather than the Florida Retirement System, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2008 Senate - Died in returning Messages, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 5063 (Ch. 2008-139)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Governmental Operations; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00314
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Operations, 03/27/08, 1:00 pm, 110-S
• CS by Governmental Operations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00391; CS read 1st time on 04/02/08 -SJ 00410
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00391
• On Committee agenda-- General Government Appropriations, 04/15/08, 2:15 pm, 401-S
• CS/CS by- General Government Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00687; CS read 1st time on 04/17/08 -SJ 00692
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00687
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00798; Amendment(s) adopted (821848, 174916, 022310) -SJ 00798; Read 3rd time -SJ 00804; CS passed as amended (821848, 174916, 022310); YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00804; Immediately certified -SJ 00804
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00979
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 01088; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01089
• Read 3rd time -HJ 01273; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01274; CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 3 -HJ 01293
• In returning messages
• Substituted for HB 7079 -HJ 01818
• Died in returning Messages, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 5063 (Ch. 2008-139)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.