CS/CS/SB 818: Financial Services [EPCC]
GENERAL BILL by General Government Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Bennett
Financial Services [EPCC]; Provides that the appointment of the director of each office within the DFS is subject biennially to reaffirmation, which may be accomplished by a simple majority vote of the Financial Services Commission. Includes debt-cancellation products under casualty insurance. Revise limitations on the amount of authorized insurance for debtors. Provides that a deposit account by a husband and wife is a tenancy by the entirety, etc.
Last Action: 4/23/2008 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00747; Amendment(s) adopted (380508) -SJ 00747; Substituted CS/CS/HB 343 -SJ 00747; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/HB 343 (Ch. 2008-75) -SJ 00747
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce; General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/04/08, 2:15 pm, 412-K
• Introduced, referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00051; On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/04/08, 2:15 pm, 412-K; CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00162; CS read 1st time on 03/06/08 -SJ 00165
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Now in Commerce -SJ 00162; On Committee agenda-- Commerce, 03/11/08, 9:00 am, 401-S
• Favorable by Commerce; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00248; Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00248
• On Committee agenda-- General Government Appropriations, 04/08/08, 1:00 pm, 401-S --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- General Government Appropriations, 04/10/08, 2:30 pm, 401-S
• CS/CS by- General Government Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00619; CS read 1st time on 04/16/08 -SJ 00624
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00619
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00747; Amendment(s) adopted (380508) -SJ 00747; Substituted CS/CS/HB 343 -SJ 00747; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/HB 343 (Ch. 2008-75) -SJ 00747
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.