CS/SB 580: Residential Building Permits
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Oelrich
Residential Building Permits; Prohibits local enforcement agencies and building code officials or entities from requiring certain inspections of buildings, structures, or real property as a condition of issuance of certain residential building permits. Provides certain exceptions to the application of the act. Provides for expiration of the act following an amendment to the Florida Building Code by the Florida Building Commission which incorporates the provisions of the act.
Last Action: 5/2/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 407 (Ch. 2011-82) -SJ 631
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Regulated Industries; Budget -SJ 50
• Introduced -SJ 50
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/04/11, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 324
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 339
• Now in Regulated Industries -SJ 324
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 04/12/11, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 468
• Now in Budget -SJ 468
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/25/11, 1:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 469
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 469
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 631
• Substituted CS/HB 407 -SJ 631
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 407 (Ch. 2011-82) -SJ 631
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.