CS/HB 7087: Education Law Repeals
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; K-20 Innovation Subcommittee ; Stargel ; K-20 Competitiveness Subcommittee ; Fresen
Education Law Repeals; (THIS BILL COMBINES H7087 & H7091) Repeals provisions relating to creation of Digital Divide Council in DOE, false claims of academic degree or title, pilot project for discounted computers & Internet access for low-income students, Institute on Urban Policy & Commerce, adult literacy centers, Florida Literacy Corps, Preteacher & Teacher Education Pilot Programs & Teacher Education Pilot Programs for High-Achieving Students, Critical Teacher Shortage Program, Florida Teacher Scholarship & Forgivable Loan Program, etc.
Last Action: 5/6/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-37, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1255 (Ch. 2011-175), SB 2120 (Ch. 2011-55)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education Committee
• Introduced -HJ 237
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/22/11, 3:15 pm, Reed Hall
• CS combines this bill with HB 7091
• CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 5 -HJ 281
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 280
• CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 280
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/29/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 360
• Amendment(s) failed (528881)
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 377
• CS passed; YEAS 78 NAYS 39 -HJ 377
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 507
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; Budget -SJ 507
• Withdrawn from Education Pre-K - 12; Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; Budget -SJ 515
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 1996 -SJ 515
• Read 2nd time -SJ 515
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 550
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 550
• Immediately certified -SJ 550
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 893
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 894
• Approved by Governor -HJ 1219
• Chapter No. 2011-37, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1255 (Ch. 2011-175), SB 2120 (Ch. 2011-55)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.