CS/CS/SB 1382: Service Animals
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Bennett
Service Animals; Citing this act as the "Dawson and David Caras Act"; removing provisions related to service animals; specifying rights of an individual accompanied by a service animal; providing penalties for denying or interfering with admittance to or enjoyment of a public accommodation; providing rights of housing to the owner or trainer of a service animal; providing a penalty for misrepresentation as an owner or trainer, etc.
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Budget -SJ 149
• Introduced -SJ 149
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/09/12, 1:15 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 500
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 500
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 506
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 519
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations
• Recalled from Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 674
• Now in Budget
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/28/12, 4:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/29/12, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 03/01/12, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 03/02/12, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 805
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 805
• CS/CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 808
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1236
• Amendment(s) adopted (105162) -SJ 1236
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1236
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 1237
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.