CS/HB 7055: Administrative Authority
GENERAL BILL by Rules and Calendar Committee ; Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee ; Gaetz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Dorworth
Administrative Authority; Affirms that Executive Orders 11-72 & 11-211 are consistent with law & public policy of this state; provides that gubernatorial appointees are generally subject to oversight, direction, & control of Governor; specifies that agency head who is appointed by & serves at pleasure of Governor remains subject to supervision, direction, & control of Governor; specifies that certain acts of agency head who serves at pleasure of appointing authority are official acts, notwithstanding authority of appointing authority to direct & supervise agency head; provides for removal of duplicative, redundant, or unused rulemaking authority as part of reviser's bill process; repeals various statutory provisions granting rulemaking authority.
Last Action: 4/16/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-116, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 4027 (Ch. 2012-91)
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 258
• Referred to Rules and Calendar Committee -HJ 281
• On Committee agenda-- Rules and Calendar Committee, 02/20/12, 4:00 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by- Rules and Calendar Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 5 -HJ 739
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Rules and Calendar Committee read 1st time -HJ 736
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 812
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/29/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 965
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 982
• Read 3rd time -HJ 999
• Amendment(s) adopted (456907) -HJ 1000
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 81 NAYS 33 -HJ 1000
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 863
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 863
• Withdrawn from Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 1128
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1128
• Substituted for CS/SB 1312 -SJ 1129
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1128
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1137
• CS passed; YEAS 29 NAYS 11 -SJ 1138
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1718
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-116, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 4027 (Ch. 2012-91)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.