CS/CS/HB 817: Health Care
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee ; Gaetz
Health Care; Authorizes lease of certain office space for use by public health trusts; provides discretion to public health trusts to employ legal counsel; repeals provisions relating to legislative findings & intent with respect to trauma care; deletes certain requirements for trauma plan components; limits department's authority to adopt verification standards for trauma centers; revises criteria for state regional trauma plans; repeals provisions relating to trauma service areas & number & location of trauma centers; deletes requirements for trauma center selection; specifies designation requirements for Level II trauma centers; deletes provisions for extension of provisional status; provides for renewals for Level II trauma center designations; revises renewal process for Level I, Level II, pediatric, & provisional trauma centers; authorizes department to adopt rules to designate Level I & pediatric trauma centers.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1159 (Ch. 2013-153)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health Quality Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 83
• Introduced -HJ 83
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 03/27/13, 8:00 am, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 358
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 358
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/02/13, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 406
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 400
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 413
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/16/13, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 5 -HJ 740
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 735
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 733
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1159 (Ch. 2013-153)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.