HB 1297: Pub. Rec./Florida False Claims Act
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Young
Pub. Rec./Florida False Claims Act; Provides exemption from public records requirements for complaint & information held by DLA pursuant to investigation of violation relating to false claims against state; provides for future review & repeal of exemption; provides for specified disclosure; specifies duration of exemption; specifies conditions under which investigation is considered complete; provides statement of public necessity; provides for contingent effective date.
Last Action: 6/3/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-105, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 935 (Ch. 2013-104)
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 123
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Government Operations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 201
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/13/13, 12:00 pm, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 248
• Now in Government Operations Subcommittee -HJ 248
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 03/18/13, 4:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 279
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 279
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/03/13, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 415
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 415
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 653
• Read 3rd time -HJ 653
• Passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 653
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 511
• Received -SJ 511
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 544
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 544
• Substituted for CS/SB 1496 -SJ 544
• Read 2nd time -SJ 544
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 648
• Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 648
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 910
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-105, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 935 (Ch. 2013-104)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.