SB 358: Professional Sports Franchises
GENERAL BILL by Simmons ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Soto ; Stargel ; Thompson
Professional Sports Franchises; Adding Major League Soccer to the meaning of the term “league”; providing that a previously certified applicant is not eligible for an additional certification under certain circumstances; requiring the Department of Economic Opportunity to reserve two new facility certifications for new Major League Soccer franchises, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (AFT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 29
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 02/19/13, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 112
• Introduced -SJ 29
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.