CS/CS/SB 440: Condominiums
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Regulated Industries ; Altman
Condominiums; Limiting the application of certain requirements relating to bylaws to residential condominiums and their associations and boards; exempting nonresidential condominiums from mandatory arbitration unless specifically provided for in their declarations; authorizing the developer to modify the plot plan as to unit or building types; extending by 1 year the time limitation for classification as a bulk assignee or bulk buyer, etc.
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Judiciary -SJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 02/13/14, 9:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 139
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 139
• Introduced -SJ 40
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 123
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/11/14, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Remaining references corrected to Banking and Insurance -SJ 255
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 243
• CS/CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 247
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/25/14, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Banking and Insurance; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 335
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 335
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/03/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 440
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 492
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 492
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 826
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Received -HJ 826
• Read 2nd time -HJ 869
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 425 -HJ 870
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 898
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 899
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 880
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-74
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.