SB 576: Public Educational Facilities
GENERAL BILL by Flores
Public Educational Facilities; Authorizing certain Florida College System institutions to construct dormitories for up to 300 beds for students; prohibiting the use of state funds and tuition and fee revenues for construction, debt service payments, maintenance, or operation of such dormitories, etc.
- Higher Education (HE)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Higher Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Fiscal Policy -SJ 42
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 11/17/15, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Higher Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 124
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 124
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 12/03/15, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 128
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 128
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 01/14/16, 10:45 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 42
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 184
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 184
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/21/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 236
• Amendment(s) adopted (421746) -SJ 236
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 236
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 268
• Passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 268
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 456
• Received -HJ 456
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/17/16
• Substituted for CS/HB 341 -HJ 466
• Read 2nd time -HJ 466
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 488
• Passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 489
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 480
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 593
• Approved by Governor -SJ 914
• Chapter No. 2016-32
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.