CS/HB 793: Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program
GENERAL BILL by Education Appropriations Subcommittee ; O'Toole ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Cortes, B. ; Harrell
Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program; Provides that initial award period & renewal period for students who are unable to accept initial award immediately after high school due to specific obligations begins upon completion of obligation; requires student, as prerequisite for certain awards, to identify social or civic issue or professional area of interest & develop specified plan; creates Florida Gold Seal CAPE Scholars award; provides appropriation. APPROPRIATION: $66,468
• Referred to Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee; Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 69
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee, 01/13/16, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Introduced -HJ 69
• Favorable by Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 220
• Now in Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 220
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/09/16, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 435
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Education Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 432
• Original reference(s) removed: Education Committee
• Referred to- Calendar -HJ 458
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 550
• Amendment(s) adopted (500343) -HJ 550
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 581
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 581
• In Messages
• Referred to Higher Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Fiscal Policy -SJ 516
• Received -SJ 516
• Withdrawn from Higher Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Fiscal Policy -SJ 562
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 562
• Substituted for CS/SB 520 -SJ 562
• Read 2nd time -SJ 562
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 718
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 719
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 822
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 980
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-91
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.