CS/HB 425: Vacation Rentals
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; La Rosa ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Donalds ; Eagle ; Raulerson ; Santiago ; White
Vacation Rentals; Authorizing local laws, ordinances, or regulations to regulate activities relating to vacation rentals under specified circumstances; requiring a vacation rental owner to submit specified documents and information to the local jurisdiction; prohibiting the local jurisdiction from assessing certain fees, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee; Careers and Competition Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 60
• Introduced -HJ 60
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee, 03/14/17, 10:00 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 6 -HJ 369
• Now in Careers and Competition Subcommittee -HJ 369
• On Committee agenda-- Careers and Competition Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Careers and Competition Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 6 -HJ 490
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 490
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/24/17, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 11 -HJ 806
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 805
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 796
• Read 2nd time -HJ 930
• Amendment(s) failed (583647) -HJ 931
• Amendment(s) adopted (242465) -HJ 931
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 962
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 63 NAYS 56 -HJ 963
• In Messages
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Rules -SJ 604
• Received -SJ 604
• Withdrawn from Regulated Industries; Rules -SJ 732
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 732
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 188 -SJ 732
• Read 2nd time -SJ 732
• Amendment(s) pending (499814, 944410) -SJ 732, 733
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.