The Senate will convene on January 14, 2020, for the Regular Session.
2019-2020 General Appropriations Act
The balanced budget for fiscal year 2019-2020 increases K-12 education funding by $783 million, increases the total state investment in Hurricane Michael recovery to $1.8 billion, invests $686.8 million in water quality and protection, and replenishes reserves to $3.4 billion in total state reserves.
HB 7123 offers tax savings for families preparing for the upcoming Hurricane Season and the 2019-2020 School Year, lowers the business rent tax, and provides tax relief benefits for hurricane recovery.
Hurricane Michael Recovery
The 2019-2020 General Appropriations Act includes comprehensive long-term recovery funding that brings the total state investment in Hurricane Michael Recovery to $1.859 Billion.
2019 Bill Summaries
Summaries of bills that passed the Florida Legislature during the 2019 Legislative Session are available on the 2019 Bill Summaries page.
Interim Committee Meetings
The Interim Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) is available. Weekly schedules and meeting notices will be posted prior to the meetings. The Regular Session convenes on Tuesday, January 14, 2020.
2018-2020 Senate Rules
On November 20, 2018, Senators unanimously adopted rules to govern the proceedings of Senate during the 2018-2020 Legislative Term.
- Gulf County Resident Matt Terry Appointed to Triumph Gulf Coast Board of Directors August 14, 2019 - Press Release by President's Office
- The Mayfield Minute with Senator Debbie Mayfield (pdf) August 14, 2019 - Publication by Senator Mayfield
- Senate Democrats Call for Inclusion of Gun Reform Measures, Including Assault Weapons Ban, in Upcoming “Mass Shootings/White Nationalism” Committee Hearings August 14, 2019 - Press Release by Minority Office
- FOLLOWING MDX RULING, SENATOR ANNETTE TADDEO CALLS FOR REFOCUS ON LOWERING TOLLS, IMPROVING TRANSPORTATION FOR MIAMI-DADE August 9, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Taddeo
- President Galvano Appoints Toni Azinger to the Statewide Council on Human Trafficking Direct-Support Organization Board of Directors August 7, 2019 - Press Release by President's Office
- SENATOR TADDEO CRITICIZES GOVERNOR, ATTORNEY GENERAL FOR FAILURE TO OPPOSE HATEFUL RHETORIC/NRA CONTROL August 7, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Taddeo
- Berman Bulletin: August 2019 (pdf) August 6, 2019 - Publication by Senator Berman
- Following Weekend Attacks, Senator Berman and Representative Stark Refile Legislation To Expand Florida's Red Flag Laws August 6, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Berman