SB 460: Postsecondary Fee Waivers
Postsecondary Fee Waivers; Authorizing a Florida College System institution to waive any portion of certain postsecondary fees for active duty members of the Armed Forces of the United States who use military tuition assistance; specifying that the student who receives the fee waiver may be reported for state funding purposes, etc.
Last Action: 2/27/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 75 (Ch. 2018-8) -SJ 398
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education; Appropriations -SJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 12/06/17, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 101
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education -SJ 101
• Introduced -SJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education, 01/17/18, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 206
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 206
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/22/18, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 384
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 384
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/27/18 -SJ 402
• Read 2nd time -SJ 398
• Substituted HB 75 -SJ 398
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 75 (Ch. 2018-8) -SJ 398
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.