CS/CS/HB 909: Higher Education
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee ; Rommel ; Clemons ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Fischer ; Metz ; Porter ; Rodrigues
Higher Education; Revising and providing methods of recognition for academic achievement; requiring the Board of Governors to report on the intellectual freedom and viewpoint diversity at each state university; creating the "Campus Free Expression Act"; revising Bright Futures Scholarship eligibility requirements for students enrolled in the student enrollment pilot program, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 215 (Ch. 2018-130), HB 5003 (Ch. 2018-10), CS/SB 4 (Ch. 2018-4)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee; Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 80
• Introduced -HJ 80
• On Committee agenda-- Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee, 01/23/18, 3:30 pm, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 5 -HJ 411
• Now in Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee -HJ 411
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 01/30/18, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 4 -HJ 476
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 468
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 491
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/21/18, 10:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 6 -HJ 659
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 658
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 679
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 788, 789
• Amendment(s) adopted (146995, 632925, 921037) -HJ 789, 790
• Amendment(s) failed (561549) -HJ 789
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 850
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 954
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 1024
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 215 (Ch. 2018-130), HB 5003 (Ch. 2018-10), CS/SB 4 (Ch. 2018-4)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.