The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
SB 328: Veteran Identification
GENERAL BILL by Baxley
Veteran Identification; Requiring the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to create a veteran identification card for certain purposes; authorizing use of the card as proof of veteran status for expedited processing of an application for a license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 10/24/17, 3:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 102
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 102
• Introduced -SJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 01/17/18, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 161
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 161
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/22/18, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/18, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.