CS/HB 1089: Trusts
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Caruso
Trusts; Authorizes trustees of certain trusts to reimburse persons being treated as owner of trust for specified amounts & specified manner; prohibits certain policies, values, & proceeds from being used for such reimbursement; requires specified powers be granted to certain persons if terms of trust require trustee to act at direction or with consent of such persons or that specified decisions be made directly by such persons.
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Ways and Means Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 95
• Introduced -HJ 95
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 527
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Ways and Means Committee -HJ 525
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 02/11/20, 9:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 523
• Favorable by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 534
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 534
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/18/20, 3:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 607
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 607
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 907
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 982
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 983
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 559
• Received -SJ 559
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 588
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 1366 -SJ 588
• Read 2nd time -SJ 588
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 675
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 675
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1129
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-70
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.