CS/CS/SB 122: Child Welfare
Child Welfare; Citing this act as “Jordan’s Law”; expanding the list of entities with access to certain records that relate to child abandonment, abuse, or neglect held by the Department of Children and Families; authorizing the parent or legal guardian of a child to request a second medical evaluation of a child under certain circumstances; revising the definition of the terms “guardian ad litem” and “guardian advocate”; requiring a lead agency to ensure that certain individuals receive specified training relating to head trauma and brain injuries in children younger than a specified age, etc.
Last Action: 3/5/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 43 (Ch. 2020-40) -SJ 421
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 13
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 12/10/19, 2:00 pm, 301 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 13
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/21/20, 12:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 155
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 192
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/25/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 347
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 357
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 358
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/20 -SJ 461
• Read 2nd time -SJ 420
• Substituted CS/HB 43 -SJ 421
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 43 (Ch. 2020-40) -SJ 421
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.