CS/SB 1548: Child Welfare
Child Welfare; Requiring the Florida Court Educational Council to establish certain standards for instruction of specified circuit court judges; deleting a requirement for the Department of Children and Families to report certain information to the Legislature; providing court procedures and requirements relating to deceased parents of a dependent child; authorizing the department to take certain actions without a court order, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 43 (Ch. 2020-40), CS/CS/HB 1105 (Ch. 2020-138)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 116
• Introduced -SJ 115
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/28/20, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/04/20, 12:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 249
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/18/20, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 326
• Now in Appropriations
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 43 (Ch. 2020-40), CS/CS/HB 1105 (Ch. 2020-138)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.