CS/HB 255: Florida Commission on Human Relations
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Antone ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Davis
Florida Commission on Human Relations; Provides quorum requirements for Commission on Human Relations & its panels; revises number of persons commission may recommend for Florida Civil Rights Hall of Fame; provides limitation on time civil action may be filed after alleged violation of Florida Civil Rights Act; revises length of time commission or AG has to resolve complaint of discrimination in club membership; revises timeline relating to complaints alleging prohibited personnel action.
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 25
• Introduced -HJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 516
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 524
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 524
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 513
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/12/20, 10:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 568
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 568
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 938
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 989
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 1020
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1077
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 1077
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 724
• Withdrawn from Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 708
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SB 726 -SJ 709
• Received -SJ 724
• Read 2nd time -SJ 708
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 734
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 734
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1171
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-153
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.