CS/SB 7012: Substance Abuse and Mental Health
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rouson
Substance Abuse and Mental Health; Providing additional duties for the Statewide Office for Suicide Prevention; requiring the Department of Transportation to work with the office in developing a plan relating to evidence-based suicide deterrents in certain locations; requiring that certain information be provided to the guardian or representative of a minor patient released from involuntary examination; requiring the maintenance of psychotropic medications to specified defendants under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 3/13/2020 Senate - Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 887
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 11/12/19, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 120
• Introduced -SJ 119
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/13/20, 12:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 326
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/20/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 357
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 362
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/20 -SJ 411
• Read 2nd time -SJ 404
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 458
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 459
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1011
• Received -HJ 1011
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1055
• Amendment(s) adopted (541211) -HJ 1055, 1061
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1118
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 1119
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (541211) -SJ 887
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 887, 888
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 887
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.