SB 274: Juvenile Diversion Program Expunction
Juvenile Diversion Program Expunction; Requiring the Department of Law Enforcement to expunge the nonjudicial arrest record of certain minors who have successfully completed a diversion program for any offense, rather than only a misdemeanor offense; authorizing a minor who successfully completes a diversion program for any offense, rather than only for a first-time misdemeanor offense, to lawfully deny or fail to acknowledge certain information, etc.
Last Action: 3/15/2022 Senate - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 57
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/26/21, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 176
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/09/21, 2:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 179
• Now in Appropriations
• Introduced -SJ 57
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/31/21, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/01/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 342
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/07/21 -SJ 378
• Read 2nd time -SJ 370
• Read 3rd time -SJ 370
• Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 370
• Immediately certified -SJ 378
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/26/2021)
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• Passed; YEAS 117, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 745
• Message sent to senate
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
• Veto Message received (2021 Special Session B, 2022 Regular Session) -SJ 4
• Veto Message referred to Rules -SJ 4
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.