CS/SB 1808: Immigration Enforcement
Immigration Enforcement; Revising the type of data required to be reported by the clerk of the court, county detention facilities, and the Department of Corrections as part of criminal justice data collection; revising the definition of the term “sanctuary policy” to include specified laws, policies, practices, procedures, or customs that limit or prohibit a law enforcement agency from providing specified immigration information to a state entity; requiring each law enforcement agency operating a county detention facility to enter into a specified agreement with the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement to assist with immigration enforcement; prohibiting a governmental entity from executing, amending, or renewing a contract with common carriers or contracted carriers under certain circumstances, etc.
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 155
• Introduced -SJ 155
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/24/22, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 3 -SJ 217
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/21/22, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Appropriations; YEAS 12 NAYS 6 -SJ 451
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Rules
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 452
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/22 -SJ 521
• Read 2nd time -SJ 518
• Amendment(s) adopted (421548, 582390) -SJ 518, 520
• Amendment(s) failed (108164, 216020, 396684, 867774) -SJ 520
• Ordered engrossed
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 590
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 24 NAYS 15 -SJ 590
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/8/2022)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 644973 ruled out of order
• Amendment 630677 Failed
• Amendment 109655 Failed
• Amendment 798685 Failed
• Amendment 783567 Failed
• Amendment 210549 Failed
• Amendment 542835 Failed
• Amendment 432463 Failed
• Amendment 675045 Failed
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 77, NAYS 42
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 761
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-193
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.