CS/SB 1242: Registrations and Transfers of Heating, Ventilation, and Air-conditioning System Manufacturer Warranties
GENERAL BILL by Commerce and Tourism ; Boyd
Registrations and Transfers of Heating, Ventilation, and Air-conditioning System Manufacturer Warranties; Specifying that certain warranties for heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems are automatically transferred and remain in effect under certain circumstances relating to the conveyance of property; prohibiting warrantors from charging a fee for such transfers; requiring certain contractors installing HVAC systems to provide certain documentation, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2023 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1203 (Ch. 2023-288) -SJ 650
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 04/04/23, 8:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 9 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Judiciary
• Remaining references corrected to Rules
• Now in Rules
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/19/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/01/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 650
• Substituted CS/HB 1203 -SJ 650
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1203 (Ch. 2023-288) -SJ 650
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.