2009 Florida Statutes
Definitions; ss. 255.501-255.525.
255.502 Definitions; ss. 255.501-255.525.--As used in this act, the following words and terms shall have the following meanings unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Acquire or acquisition" means to purchase, to erect, to build, to construct, to reconstruct, to replace, to extend, to better, to equip, to develop, to rehabilitate, to remodel, to enlarge, to furnish, to repair, or to improve a facility, in each case to the extent same constitute capital expenditures under applicable law.
(2) "Acquisition costs" means all reasonable and necessary costs incurred in the acquisition of a facility, which costs may include, but are not limited to:
(a) The cost of acquiring real property and any buildings thereon, including payments for options, deposits, or contracts to purchase properties.
(b) The cost of site preparation, demolition, and development.
(c) Any expenses relating to the issuance of the obligations by the division in the name and on behalf of the Department of Management Services, including, but not limited to, private placement fees, underwriting fees, original issue discounts, rating agency fees, and other necessary fees.
(d) Fees in connection with the planning, execution, and financing of a project, such as those of architects, engineers, attorneys, feasibility consultants, financial advisers, accountants, and the Department of Management Services, including the allocable portions of direct costs of the Department of Management Services and the lessee agencies.
(e) The cost of studies, surveys, plans, permits, insurance, interest, financing, taxes and assessments, and other operating and carrying costs during the acquisition of a facility.
(f) The cost of acquiring a facility.
(g) The cost of land improvements, such as landscaping and offsite improvements.
(h) Capital expenditures incurred in connection with relocation to and initial occupancy of a facility.
(i) Any initial expense, charge, or cost payable upon issuance of the obligations with respect to the acquisition of a facility relating to or incurred in connection with remarketing of obligations, such as remarketing agent or indexing agent fees or for credit enhancements or liquidity features, including, but not limited to, letter of credit fees, whether direct pay or standby, swap agent fees and similar expenses.
(j) The initial cost of such other items, including premiums for indemnity and surety bonds, premiums on insurance, including, but not limited to, municipal bond insurance, debt service reserve insurance and lease payment insurance, and fees and expenses of trustees, depositories, registrars, book entry registrars and paying agents for obligations issued under this act.
(k) Interest on obligations from the date thereof to the time when interest is to be covered solely from sources other than proceeds of obligations and any amounts necessary to establish or fund any reserves or capital appreciation reserves required in connection with such obligations.
(l) The reimbursement of all moneys advanced or supplied to or borrowed by the Department of Management Services or others for the payment of any item of cost of a facility.
(m) Such other expenses as may be reasonable and necessary to the acquisition of any facility under applicable law, the financing thereof under this act, and the placing of same in use.
(3) "Agency" means any department created by chapter 20, the Executive Office of the Governor, the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, the Parole Commission, the State Board of Administration, the Department of Military Affairs, or the Legislative Branch or the Judicial Branch of state government.
(4) "Authorized investments" means and includes without limitation any investment in:
(a) Bonds, notes, or other obligations of the United States or those guaranteed by the United States or for which the credit of the United States is pledged for the payment of the principal and interest or dividends thereof.
(b) State bonds pledging the full faith and credit of the state and revenue bonds additionally secured by the full faith and credit of the state.
(c) Bonds of the several counties or districts in the state containing a pledge of the full faith and credit of the county or district involved.
(d) Bonds issued or administered by the State Board of Administration secured solely by a pledge of all or part of the 2-cent constitutional gas tax accruing under the provisions of s. 16, Art. IX of the State Constitution of 1885, as amended, or of s. 9, Art. XII of the 1968 revised State Constitution.
(e) Bonds issued by the State Board of Education pursuant to ss. 18 and 19, Art. XII of the State Constitution of 1885, as amended, or to s. 9, Art. XII of the 1968 revised State Constitution, as amended.
(f) Bonds issued by the Florida Outdoor Recreational Development Council pursuant to s. 17, Art. IX of the State Constitution of 1885, as amended.
(g) Bonds issued by the Florida State Improvement Commission, Florida Development Commission, or Division of Bond Finance of the State Board of Administration.
(h) Savings accounts in, or certificates of deposit of, qualified public depositories as defined in s. 280.02, in an amount that does not exceed 15 percent of the net worth of the institution, or a lesser amount as determined by rule by the State Board of Administration, provided such savings accounts and certificates of deposit are secured in the manner prescribed in chapter 280.
(i) Obligations of the Federal Farm Credit Banks and obligations of the Federal Home Loan Bank and its district banks.
(j) Obligations of the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation, including participation certificates.
(k) Obligations guaranteed by the Government National Mortgage Association.
(l) Commercial paper of prime quality of the highest letter and numerical rating as provided for by at least one nationally recognized rating service.
(m) Time drafts or bills of exchange drawn on and accepted by a commercial bank, otherwise known as bankers acceptances, which are accepted by a member bank of the Federal Reserve System having total deposits of not less than $400 million.
Investments in any security authorized in this subsection may be under repurchase agreements or reverse repurchase agreements.
(5) "Debt service charges" means, collectively, principal, including mandatory sinking fund requirements and the accretion portion of any capital appreciation bonds for retirement of obligations, interest, redemption premium, if any, required to be paid by the Department of Management Services on obligations issued under this act and any obligation administrative fees.
(6) "Division" means the Division of Bond Finance of the State Board of Administration.
(7) "Eligible facility" means all state-owned facilities under the jurisdiction of the Department of Management Services and all other state-owned facilities except those having less than 3,000 square feet.
(8) "Facility" means buildings, structures, improvements, real estate, and related interests in real estate and appurtenances, fixtures, and fixed equipment, including, but not limited to, those for the purpose of housing either personnel, equipment, or functions and all storage and parking facilities related thereto or any one or more than one or all of the foregoing, or any combination thereof, furnished and acquired pursuant to this act.
(9) "Obligations" means, collectively, revenue bonds and revenue notes.
(10) "Obligation administrative fees" means any periodic expense, charge, or cost relating to or incurred in connection with remarketing of obligations such as remarketing agent or indexing agent fees and any periodic expense, charge, or cost related to any obligations or to credit enhancements or liquidity features, including, but not limited to, letter of credit fees, whether direct pay or standby, swap agent fees and similar expenses, periodic fees and expenses, if any, of trustees, depositories, registrars, book entry registrars and paying agents, and any allowances established by the Department of Management Services for working capital, contingency reserves, and reserves for any anticipated operating deficits during each fiscal year.
(11) "Pool" means the Florida Facilities Pool created in s. 255.505
(12) "Pool pledged revenues" means all legislative appropriations and all fees, charges, revenues, or receipts derived by the Department of Management Services from the operation, leasing, or other disposition of facilities in the pool, and the proceeds of obligations issued under this act, and shall include any moneys appropriated to an agency for the purpose of making such rental payments, rental payments received with respect to such facilities from whatever sources, and receipts therefrom, and investment of any such moneys pursuant to this act, all as are available for the payment of debt service charges on such obligations as are issued with respect to the pool.
(13) "Pool rental rate" means the per square foot rental rate established by the Department of Management Services for every facility which is in the pool.
(14) "Qualified facility" means an eligible facility which is either:
(a) Structurally sound and is in a satisfactory state of repair;
(b) Determined by the Department of Management Services to be suitable for entry into the pool although not meeting the requirements of paragraph (a); or
(c) Under the jurisdiction of the Department of Management Services.
(15) "Real property" means all lands, including improvements and fixtures thereon and property of any nature appurtenant thereto or used in connection therewith, and every estate, interest, and right, legal or equitable, therein, including terms of years and liens by way of judgment, mortgage, or otherwise and the indebtedness secured by such liens.
(16) "Revenue bonds" means any bonds, debentures, notes, certificates, or other evidences of financial indebtedness, whether certificated or noncertificated, issued by the division on behalf of the Department of Management Services under and pursuant to this act, including, but not limited to, variable rate obligations, designated maturity obligations, capital appreciation bonds, original issue discount bonds, and multimodal instruments or obligations, or instruments combining any of the foregoing.
(17) "Revenue notes" means notes or other evidences of indebtedness, whether certificated or noncertificated, issued in anticipation of the issuance of revenue bonds pursuant to this act.
(18) "State-owned facility" means any facility title to which is vested in the state or any agency.
History.--s. 2, ch. 85-349; s. 1, ch. 86-222; s. 34, ch. 88-122; s. 188, ch. 92-279; s. 55, ch. 92-326; s. 22, ch. 98-279; s. 10, ch. 98-409; s. 76, ch. 99-245.