- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2011 Florida Statutes
391.016 Legislative intent.—The Legislature intends that the Children’s Medical Services program:
(1) Provide to children with special health care needs a family-centered, comprehensive, and coordinated statewide managed system of care that links community-based health care with multidisciplinary, regional, and tertiary pediatric specialty care. The program may provide for the coordination and maintenance of consistency of the medical home for children in families with a Children’s Medical Services program participant, in order to achieve family-centered care.
(2) Provide essential preventive, evaluative, and early intervention services for children at risk for or having special health care needs, in order to prevent or reduce long-term disabilities.
(3) Serve as a principal provider for children with special health care needs under Titles XIX and XXI of the Social Security Act.
(4) Be complementary to children’s health training programs essential for the maintenance of a skilled pediatric health care workforce for all Floridians.
History.—s. 2, ch. 78-106; s. 3, ch. 98-288.