- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2011 Florida Statutes
391.021 Definitions.—When used in this act, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) “Children’s Medical Services network” or “network” means a statewide managed care service system that includes health care providers, as defined in this section.
(2) “Children with special health care needs” means those children younger than 21 years of age who have chronic physical, developmental, behavioral, or emotional conditions and who also require health care and related services of a type or amount beyond that which is generally required by children.
(3) “Department” means the Department of Health.
(4) “Eligible individual” means a child with a special health care need or a female with a high-risk pregnancy, who meets the financial and medical eligibility standards established in s. 391.029.
(5) “Health care provider” means a health care professional, health care facility, or entity licensed or certified to provide health services in this state that meets the criteria as established by the department.
(6) “Health services” includes the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of human disease, pain, injury, deformity, or disabling conditions.
(7) “Participant” means an eligible individual who is enrolled in the Children’s Medical Services program.
(8) “Program” means the Children’s Medical Services program established in the department.
History.—s. 3, ch. 78-106; s. 695, ch. 95-148; s. 87, ch. 97-101; s. 4, ch. 98-288; s. 43, ch. 99-397; s. 15, ch. 2004-350.