2013 Florida Statutes
(1) The term “person” as used in this chapter means any individual, firm, corporation, partnership, association, trustee, receiver or assignee for the benefit of creditors.
(2) The terms “sell,” “sold,” “buy” and “purchase,” as used in this chapter, include exchange, barter, gift, and offer to contract to sell or buy.
(3) The term “manufacturer” means any person engaged, directly or indirectly, in the manufacture of motor vehicles.
(4) The term “wholesale distributor” means any person engaged, directly or indirectly, in the sale or distribution of motor vehicles to agents or to dealers.
(5) The term “dealer” means any person who is engaged in, or who intends to engage in the business of selling motor vehicles at retail in this state. The term “dealer” shall also include “retail agent.”
(6) The term “finance company” means any person engaged in the business of financing the sale of motor vehicles, or engaged in the business of purchasing or acquiring conditional bills of sale, or promissory notes, either secured by vendor’s lien or chattel mortgages, or arising from the sale of motor vehicles in this state.
History.—s. 13, ch. 18031, 1937; CGL 1940 Supp. 4151(459).