- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
463.009 Supportive personnel.—No person other than a licensed practitioner may engage in the practice of optometry as defined in s. 463.002(7). Except as provided in this section, under no circumstances shall nonlicensed supportive personnel be delegated diagnosis or treatment duties; however, such personnel may perform data gathering, preliminary testing, prescribed visual therapy, and related duties under the direct supervision of the licensed practitioner. Nonlicensed personnel, who need not be employees of the licensed practitioner, may perform ministerial duties, tasks, and functions assigned to them by and performed under the general supervision of a licensed practitioner, including obtaining information from consumers for the purpose of making appointments for the licensed practitioner. The licensed practitioner shall be responsible for all delegated acts performed by persons under her or his direct and general supervision.
History.—ss. 1, 6, ch. 79-194; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 10, 20, 21, ch. 86-289; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 235, ch. 97-103; s. 15, ch. 2013-26.