- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
(1) The department shall license any applicant whom the board certifies is qualified to practice speech-language pathology or audiology and who has paid the initial licensure fee.
(2) The board shall certify for licensure any applicant who has:
(a) Satisfied the education and supervised clinical requirements of s. 468.1155.
(b) Satisfied the professional experience requirement of s. 468.1165.
(c) Passed the licensure examination required by s. 468.1175.
(d) An applicant for an audiologist license who has obtained a doctoral degree in audiology has satisfied the education and supervised clinical requirements of paragraph (a) and the professional experience requirements of paragraph (b).
(3) The board shall certify as qualified for a license by endorsement as a speech-language pathologist or audiologist an applicant who:
(a) Holds a valid license or certificate in another state or territory of the United States to practice the profession for which the application for licensure is made, if the criteria for issuance of such license were substantially equivalent to or more stringent than the licensure criteria which existed in this state at the time the license was issued; or
(b) Holds a valid certificate of clinical competence of the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association or board certification in audiology from the American Board of Audiology.
(4) The board may refuse to certify any applicant who is under investigation in any jurisdiction for an act which would constitute a violation of this part or chapter 456 until the investigation is complete and disciplinary proceedings have been terminated.
(5) The board may refuse to certify any applicant who has violated any of the provisions of s. 468.1245.
History.—ss. 9, 31, ch. 90-134; s. 21, ch. 90-341; ss. 1, 10, ch. 90-345; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 114, ch. 97-264; s. 77, ch. 98-166; s. 135, ch. 2000-160; s. 3, ch. 2006-83.