- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
(1) An agent contract must be in a record, signed or otherwise authenticated by the parties.
(2) An agent contract must state:
(a) The amount and method of calculating the consideration to be paid by the student athlete for services to be provided by the athlete agent and any other consideration the agent has received or will receive from any other source under the contract;
(b) The name of any person not listed in the licensure application who will be compensated because the student athlete signed the agent contract;
(c) A description of any expenses that the student athlete agrees to reimburse;
(d) A description of the services to be provided to the student athlete;
(e) The duration of the contract; and
(f) The date of execution.
(3) An agent contract must contain, in close proximity to the signature of the student athlete, a conspicuous notice in boldface type in capital letters stating:
WARNING TO STUDENT ATHLETE
IF YOU SIGN THE CONTRACT:
1. YOU MAY LOSE YOUR ELIGIBILITY TO COMPETE AS A STUDENT ATHLETE IN YOUR SPORT;
2. IF YOU HAVE AN ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, WITHIN 72 HOURS AFTER ENTERING INTO THE CONTRACT, YOU AND YOUR ATHLETE AGENT MUST NOTIFY YOUR ATHLETIC DIRECTOR; AND
3. YOU MAY CANCEL THIS CONTRACT WITHIN 14 DAYS AFTER SIGNING IT. HOWEVER, CANCELLATION OF THIS CONTRACT MAY NOT REINSTATE YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
(4) An agent contract that does not conform to this section is voidable by the student athlete. If a student athlete voids an agent contract, the student athlete is not required to pay any consideration or return any consideration received from the athlete agent to induce the student athlete to enter into the contract.
(5) The athlete agent shall give a record of the signed or authenticated agent contract to the student athlete at the time of execution.
(6) Within 72 hours after entering into an agent contract or before the next scheduled athletic event in which the student athlete may participate, whichever occurs first, the athlete agent must give notice in a record of the existence of the contract to the athletic director of the educational institution at which the student athlete is enrolled or the athlete agent has reasonable grounds to believe the student athlete intends to enroll.
(7) Within 72 hours after entering into an agent contract or before the next athletic event in which the student athlete may participate, whichever occurs first, the student athlete must inform the athletic director of the educational institution at which the student athlete is enrolled that he or she has entered into an agent contract.
(8) A student athlete may cancel an agent contract by giving notice of the cancellation to the athlete agent in a record within 14 days after the contract is signed.
(9) A student athlete may not waive the right to cancel an agent contract.
(10) If a student athlete cancels an agent contract, the student athlete is not required to pay any consideration or return any consideration received from the athlete agent to induce the student athlete to enter into the contract.
(11) An athlete agent shall not enter into an agent contract that purports to or takes effect at a future time after the student athlete no longer has remaining eligibility to participate in intercollegiate athletics. Such a contract is void and unenforceable.
(12) An agent contract between a student athlete and a person not licensed under this part is void and unenforceable.
History.—ss. 4, 5, 6, ch. 88-229; s. 1, ch. 89-296; s. 99, ch. 91-224; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 6, ch. 95-307; s. 3, ch. 2002-24.