- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
468.8324 Grandfather clause.—
(1) A person who performs home inspection services may qualify for licensure as a home inspector under this part if the person submits an application to the department postmarked on or before July 1, 2012, which shows that the applicant:
(a) Possesses certification as a one- and two-family dwelling inspector issued by the International Code Council or the Southern Building Code Congress International;
(b) Has been certified as a one- and two-family dwelling inspector by the Florida Building Code Administrators and Inspectors Board under part XII of this chapter; or
(c) Possesses a Division I contractor license under part I of chapter 489.
(2) An applicant may not qualify for licensure under this section if he or she has had a home inspector license or a license in any related field revoked at any time or suspended within the previous 5 years or has been assessed a fine that exceeds $500 within the previous 5 years. For purposes of this subsection, a license in a related field includes, but is not limited to, licensure in real estate, construction, mold-related services, or building code administration or inspection.
(3) An applicant for licensure under this section must comply with the criminal history, good moral character, and insurance requirements of this part.
History.—s. 2, ch. 2007-235; s. 22, ch. 2010-106; s. 14, ch. 2010-176; s. 10, ch. 2011-222.