- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
478.42 Definitions.—As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) “Board” means the Board of Medicine.
(2) “Council” means the Electrolysis Council.
(3) “Department” means the Department of Health.
(4) “Electrologist” means a person who engages in the practice of electrolysis.
(5) “Electrolysis or electrology” means the permanent removal of hair by destroying the hair-producing cells of the skin and vascular system, using equipment and devices approved by the board which have been cleared by and registered with the United States Food and Drug Administration and that are used pursuant to protocols approved by the board.
History.—s. 3, ch. 92-172; s. 168, ch. 94-218; s. 144, ch. 97-264; s. 143, ch. 99-397.