- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
Pest control customer contact centers.
482.072 Pest control customer contact centers.—
(1) The department may issue a license to operate a customer contact center from which to solicit pest control business or provide services to customers for one or more business locations licensed under s. 482.071. A person may not operate a customer contact center for a pest control business if the customer contact center is not licensed by the department.
(2)(a) Before operating a customer contact center, and biennially thereafter, on or before a renewal date set by the department, a pest control business must apply to the department for a license or license renewal for each customer contact center location it operates. An application must be submitted in the format prescribed by the department.
(b) The department shall establish a licensure fee of at least $600 but not more than $1,000, and a renewal fee of at least $600 but not more than $1,000, for a customer contact center license. However, until renewal fee rules are adopted, the initial license and renewal fees are each $600. The department shall establish a grace period not to exceed 30 days after the renewal date and shall assess a late fee of $150, in addition to the renewal fee, for a license that is renewed after the grace period.
(c) A license automatically expires if it is not renewed within 60 days after the renewal date and may be reinstated only upon reapplication and payment of the license renewal fee and late fee.
(d) A license automatically expires if a licensee changes its customer contact center business location. The department shall issue a new license upon payment of a $250 fee, which must be renewed by the renewal date for the former location’s license. A new license that is not renewed within 60 days after the renewal date of the license for the former business location automatically expires.
(e) The department may not issue or renew a license to operate a customer contact center unless the pest control business licensees for which the customer contact center solicits business are owned in common by a person or business entity recognized by this state.
(f) The department may deny a license or refuse to renew a license if the applicant or licensee, or one or more of the applicant’s or licensee’s directors, officers, owners, or general partners, are or have been directors, officers, owners, or general partners of a pest control business that meets the conditions in s. 482.071(2)(g).
(g) Sections 482.091 and 482.152 do not apply to a person who solicits pest control services or provides customer service in a licensed customer contact center unless the person performs the pest control work as defined in s. 482.021(22)(a)-(d), executes a pest control contract, or accepts remuneration for such work.
(h) Section 482.071(2)(e) does not apply to a license issued under this section.
(3)(a) The department shall adopt rules establishing requirements and procedures for recordkeeping and monitoring customer contact center operations to ensure compliance with this chapter and rules adopted under this chapter.
(b) Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter:
1. A customer contact center licensee is subject to disciplinary action under s. 482.161 for a violation of this chapter or rules adopted under this chapter committed by a person who solicits pest control services or provides customer service in a customer contact center.
2. A pest control business licensee may be subject to disciplinary action under s. 482.161 for a violation of this chapter or rules adopted under this chapter committed by a person who solicits pest control services or provides customer service in a customer contact center operated by the licensee if the licensee participates in the violation.