- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
Scope of part.
Scope of part.
626.022 Scope of part.—
(1) This part applies as to insurance agents, service representatives, adjusters, and insurance agencies; as to any and all kinds of insurance; and as to stock insurers, mutual insurers, reciprocal insurers, and all other types of insurers, except that:
(a) It does not apply as to reinsurance, except that ss. 626.011-626.022, ss. 626.112-626.181, ss. 626.191-626.211, ss. 626.291-626.301, s. 626.331, ss. 626.342-626.511, ss. 626.541-626.591, and ss. 626.601-626.711 shall apply as to reinsurance intermediaries as defined in s. 626.7492.
(b) The applicability of this chapter as to fraternal benefit societies shall be as provided in chapter 632.
(c) It does not apply to a bail bond agent, as defined in s. 648.25, except as provided in chapter 648 or chapter 903.
(d) This part does not apply to a certified public accountant licensed under chapter 473 who is acting within the scope of the practice of public accounting, as defined in s. 473.302, provided that the activities of the certified public accountant are limited to advising a client of the necessity of obtaining insurance, the amount of insurance needed, or the line of coverage needed, and provided that the certified public accountant does not directly or indirectly receive or share in any commission or referral fee.
(2) For the purposes of this part, “insurance” also includes annuity contracts.
(3) Provisions of this part that apply to general lines agents and applicants also apply to personal lines agents and applicants, except where otherwise provided.
History.—s. 180, ch. 59-205; s. 1, ch. 71-86; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; s. 3, ch. 81-282; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 144, 217, 807, 810, ch. 82-243; ss. 206, 207, ch. 90-363; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 5, ch. 92-318; s. 204, ch. 97-102; s. 5, ch. 98-199; s. 164, ch. 99-251; s. 1, ch. 99-275; s. 77, ch. 2003-1; s. 21, ch. 2003-267; s. 14, ch. 2003-281; s. 17, ch. 2004-374; s. 137, ch. 2007-5; s. 37, ch. 2019-140.