- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
626.841 Definitions.—The term:
(1) “Title insurance agent” means a person appointed in writing by a title insurer to issue and countersign commitments or policies of title insurance in its behalf.
(2) “Title insurance agency” means an insurance agency under which title insurance agents and other employees determine insurability in accordance with underwriting rules and standards prescribed by the title insurer represented by the agency, and issue and countersign commitments, endorsements, or policies of title insurance, on behalf of the appointing title insurer. The term does not include a title insurer.
History.—ss. 575, 809(2nd), ch. 82-243; s. 79, ch. 82-386; s. 1, ch. 86-286; ss. 11, 114, ch. 92-318; s. 3, ch. 99-286.
Note.—Former s. 627.7715.