- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
648.52 Administrative fine.—
(1) If, pursuant to the procedure described in s. 648.46, the department finds that one or more causes exist for the suspension of, revocation of, or refusal to renew or continue any license or appointment issued under this chapter, the department may, in its discretion, in lieu of or in addition to such suspension, revocation, or refusal, and except on a second offense, impose upon the licensee an administrative penalty in an amount up to $5,000 or, if the department has found willful misconduct or willful violation on the part of the licensee, $20,000. The administrative penalty may, in the discretion of the department, be increased by an amount equal to any commissions or other pecuniary benefits received by or accruing to the credit of the licensee in connection with any transaction related to the grounds for suspension, revocation, or refusal.
(2) The department may allow the licensee a reasonable period, not to exceed 30 days, within which to pay to the department the amount of the penalty so imposed. If the licensee fails to pay the penalty in its entirety to the department within the period so allowed, the licenses or appointments of the licensee shall stand suspended, revoked, or renewal or continuation refused, as the case may be, upon expiration of such period.
History.—s. 22, ch. 61-406; s. 2, ch. 61-119; s. 30, ch. 65-269; ss. 13, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 177, ch. 70-339; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; s. 21, ch. 78-95; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 31, 71, 72, ch. 82-175; ss. 33, 50, 51, ch. 84-103; s. 5, ch. 87-321; ss. 39, 46, 47, ch. 90-131; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 26, ch. 2002-260.
Note.—Former s. 903.546.