2006 Florida Statutes
Pharmacies; general requirements; fees.
465.022 Pharmacies; general requirements; fees.--
(a) General drug safety measures.
(b) Minimum standards for the physical facilities of pharmacies.
(c) Safe storage of floor-stock drugs.
(d) Functions of a pharmacist in an institutional pharmacy, consistent with the size and scope of the pharmacy.
(e) Procedures for the safe storage and handling of radioactive drugs.
(f) Procedures for the distribution and disposition of medicinal drugs distributed pursuant to s. 499.028
(g) Procedures for transfer of prescription files and medicinal drugs upon the change of ownership or closing of a pharmacy.
(h) Minimum equipment which a pharmacy shall at all times possess to fill prescriptions properly.
(2) A pharmacy permit shall be issued only to a person who is at least 18 years of age or to a corporation which is registered pursuant to chapter 607 or chapter 617 whose officers are at least 18 years of age.
(3) Any person or corporation before engaging in the operation of a pharmacy shall file with the board a sworn application on forms provided by the department.
(4) After the application has been filed with the board and the permit fee provided in this section has been received, the board shall cause the application to be fully investigated, both as to the qualifications of the applicant and the prescription department manager or consultant pharmacist designated to be in charge and as to the premises and location described in the application.
(5) The Board of Pharmacy shall have the authority to determine whether a bona fide transfer of ownership is present and that the sale of a pharmacy is not being accomplished for the purpose of avoiding an administrative prosecution.
(6) Upon the completion of the investigation of an application, the board shall approve or disapprove the application. If approved, the permit shall be issued by the department.
(7) Permits issued by the department are not transferable.
(8) The board shall set the fees for the following:
(a) Initial permit fee not to exceed $250.
(b) Biennial permit renewal not to exceed $250.
(c) Delinquent fee not to exceed $100.
(d) Change of location fee not to exceed $100.
History.--ss. 1, 7, ch. 79-226; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; s. 36, ch. 82-225; ss. 16, 26, 27, ch. 86-256; s. 6, ch. 88-172; s. 14, ch. 88-205; s. 59, ch. 91-137; s. 6, ch. 91-156; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 127, ch. 98-200.