- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2006 Florida Statutes
Protection of minors; prohibition of certain acts in connection with obscenity; penalty.
847.0133 Protection of minors; prohibition of certain acts in connection with obscenity; penalty.--
(1) It is unlawful for any person knowingly to sell, rent, loan, give away, distribute, transmit, or show any obscene material to a minor. For purposes of this section "obscene material" means any obscene book, magazine, periodical, pamphlet, newspaper, comic book, story paper, written or printed story or article, writing paper, card, picture, drawing, photograph, motion picture film, figure, image, videotape, videocassette, phonograph record, or wire or tape or other recording, or any written, printed, or recorded matter of any such character which may or may not require mechanical or other means to be transmuted into auditory, visual, or sensory representations of such character, or any article or instrument for obscene use, or purporting to be for obscene use or purpose. The term "obscene" shall have the same meaning as set forth in s. 847.001
(2) As used in this section "knowingly" has the same meaning set forth in s. 847.012(1). A "minor" is any person under the age of 18 years.
(3) A violation of the provisions of this section constitutes a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083
History.--s. 63, ch. 90-306; s. 7, ch. 93-4.