- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2009 Florida Statutes
Grading of fresh citrus fruit.
601.45 Grading of fresh citrus fruit.--
(1) All citrus fruit, except as provided in s. 601.50, sold or shipped, or offered for sale or shipment, for consumption in fresh form shall be graded in a registered packinghouse in this state according to standards established by the Department of Citrus, and the grade of such fruit shall be indicated as hereinafter provided.
(2) Fresh citrus fruit being transported in bulk form shall have stamped upon such fruit, subject to department rules:
(a) The actual grade thereof; or
(b) Brands or trademarks properly registered with the department to represent state or U.S. grades, as provided in subsection (4).
(3) For fresh citrus fruit being transported when packed in a closed container approved or otherwise authorized by the Department of Citrus, it shall be sufficient if the closed container has the grade indicated thereon, in accordance with department rules, by:
(a) Stamping the grade of the fruit on the container; or
(b) Use of labels, brands, or trademarks properly registered with the department to represent state or U.S. grades, as provided in subsection (4).
(4) In accordance with such rules as the Department of Citrus may prescribe, licensed citrus fruit dealers in this state shall be entitled to register labels, brands, or trademarks for grade identification purposes. The department shall maintain a record of all labels, brands, or trademarks registered for grade identification purposes, which record may be purged as necessary.
History.--s. 45, ch. 25149, 1949; s. 1, ch. 57-29; s. 22, ch. 71-186; s. 1, ch. 77-4.