- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2009 Florida Statutes
Exemptions; sale or shipment of citrus or citrus products for certain purposes.
601.50 Exemptions; sale or shipment of citrus or citrus products for certain purposes.--Irrespective of the provisions of ss. 601.45, 601.46, 601.48, 601.49, 601.51, and 601.52, the Department of Citrus under such precautionary rules and regulations as it may deem expedient may permit sale or shipment of citrus fruit or the canned or concentrated products thereof without the issuance of and filing of inspection certificate and without the grade being shown on the container thereof, of:
(1) Intrastate shipments of fresh citrus fruit for consumption or use within the state;
(2) Shipments to be used for charitable or unemployment relief purposes;
(3) Shipments to the United States Government or any of its agencies and interstate shipments to any packinghouse, canning plant, or concentrate plant for commercial processing, as may be defined by the Department of Citrus; or to fresh fruit juice distributors outside the state;
(4) Shipments by any method of transportation by "gift fruit shippers," as defined by the Department of Citrus, but such shipments shall not be for the purpose of resale by the consignee thereof;
but, provided however that, no such rule or regulation issued hereunder shall permit or allow the sale or shipment of citrus fruit deemed by this section to be immature and unfit for human consumption nor of canned or concentrated products thereof prepared or made from citrus fruit deemed by this law to be immature and unfit for human consumption; but, provided further, that shipments under subsections (1) and (4) shall meet such minimum grade standards as may, from time to time, be established by the Department of Citrus; and, provided further that such rules and regulations shall provide for the due collection of any advertising taxes and inspection fees that may be due thereon.
History.--s. 50, ch. 25149, 1949; s. 18, ch. 26492, 1951; s. 1, ch. 59-41; s. 1, ch. 63-100; s. 1, ch. 67-24; s. 22, ch. 71-186.