- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2009 Florida Statutes
Registration of dealers' agents.
601.601 Registration of dealers' agents.--Every licensed citrus fruit dealer shall:
(1) Register with the Department of Agriculture each and every agent, as defined in s. 601.03(2), authorized to represent such dealer; make application for registration of such agent or agents on a form approved by the Department of Agriculture and filed with the Department of Agriculture not less than 5 days prior to the active participation of the agent or agents on behalf of such dealer in any transaction described in s. 601.03(2); and be held fully liable for and legally bound by all contracts and agreements, verbal or written, involving the consignment, purchase, or sale of citrus fruit executed by a duly registered agent on the dealer's behalf during the entire period of valid registration of such agent the same as though such contracts or agreements were executed by the dealer. Registration of each agent shall be for the entire shipping season for which the applying dealer's license is issued; however, a licensed dealer may cancel the registration of any agent registered by her or him by returning the agent's identification card to the Department of Agriculture and giving formal written notice to the Department of Agriculture of not less than 10 days. In addition, such dealer shall make every effort to alert the public to the fact that the agent is no longer authorized to represent her or him. An agent may be registered by more than one licensed dealer for the same shipping season, provided that each licensed dealer shall apply individually for registration of the agent and further provided that written consent is given by each and every dealer under whose license the agent has valid prior registration.
(2) When the above requirements and such additional requirements as may be set forth by regulations adopted by the Department of Citrus for registration of an agent have been met and the fee required by s. 601.59(2) has been paid, the Department of Agriculture shall duly register the agent and issue an identification card certifying such registration. The identification card, among other things, shall show in a prominent manner:
(a) The name and address of the agent;
(b) The authorizing dealer's name, address, and license number;
(c) The effective date and season for which registration is made;
(d)1. A space for signature of the agent;
2. A space to be countersigned by the licensed dealer;
3. A statement providing that the card is not valid unless so signed and countersigned.
The Department of Citrus may, from time to time, adopt additional requirements or conditions relating to the registration of agents as may be necessary.
History.--s. 1, ch. 63-75; s. 1, ch. 65-86; ss. 14, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 7, ch. 71-185; s. 22, ch. 71-186; s. 2, ch. 81-318; s. 2, ch. 83-142; ss. 1, 3, ch. 85-129; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 978, ch. 97-103.